Monday, September 24, 2012

Setting an Example for the Young

There is nothing like the proud feeling you get as a parent when you see your children serving the Lord and his people. It is also oh so humbling. At church yesterday, as I was trying to hurry my kids out of church to go get breakfast, my son runs a way as he tells me to wait. "What are you doing?" I yell after him impatiently. I take a few steps toward the sanctuary doors to see him grabbing a couple bibles to hand out. You see, we were in between services and people were starting to make their way in. He wanted to serve and I could wait. After being taken back by this, my child, my dad whispers in my ear, "He is learning from example." My dad's example as a matter of fact. He hands them out when it is needed and my boy was watching. I hurried to get out my camera to take in this beautiful moment. The pictures may not look like much but there is no art more beautiful than love in action. I captured it and while doing so, baby girl learned from big brothers example, grabbed the two little bibles on the bottom shelf and went out on her own mission. 












 Titus 2:6-8 ~ ...encourage the young men to be self-controlled. In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned....
 











1 Timothy 4:11-12 ~ Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.






I wonder..... was God smiling as big as me that morning at such a beautiful sight? 








No comments:

Post a Comment