Thursday, April 25, 2013

Showing signs of Summer-itis


On these rare, warm, blue sky spring days in the Northwest, I tend to get Summer-itis. 


I lay in the hammock in the back yard and stare up through the Curly Willow tree at the sky. I daydream about harvesting goodies from my (hopefully) full veggie garden boxes while the kids play in the splash pool. Of warm days running errands with the windows down and the wind blowing the kids' hair. 













I daydream of the smell of the strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries that I hand pick with the kids at my local farmer's. The birds chirp, the wind gently rustles the tree leaves while parents teach their children how to find that perfect berry. 


Yep, I have caught Summer-itis. Big time. I know this warm, spring weather won't last so I try to enjoy it while it is here. And I am thankful and excited for what is to come with summer. So, what do you daydream about when you get Summer-itis? 





1 comment:

  1. Oh I have it too. I got all the patio furniture out and I'm ready for summer. Ready to camp. Ready for the sunshine to stay. Of course I know that summer doesn't officially come to stay until the 4th of July.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete