Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Television Wisdom Wednesday: A Prayer

I was just thinking about this movie the other day. I hadn't watched it in a while and thought I would like to again. And what do you know, as I was looking for something to watch while doing a project today, there it was on the channel guide. Divine timing? Maybe, who knows but it provided today's wonderful Television Wisdom. (wonderful in my opinion anyway!)


From the movie 

Denzel Washington as Eli - 
"Dear Lord, 
Thank you for giving me the strength and the conviction to complete the task you entrusted to me. 
Thank you for guiding me straight and true through the many obstacles in my path and for keeping me resolute when all around seem lost. 
Thank you for your protection and for your many signs along the way. 
Thank you for any good I may have done. 
I'm so sorry about the bad. 
Thank you for the friend I made. 
Please watch over her as you watched over me. Thank you for finally allowing me to rest, I'm so very tired. But I go now to my rest at peace knowing that I have done right with my time on this earth. 
I fought the good fight. I finished the race. I kept the faith." 


Do you love this prayer? I love this prayer. I hope to live in a way that I could say a similar prayer when it is time. I feel, so many times (every day even), that I am not 'living up to' this prayer. Do I even know what task God has given to me? How would I know what that task is unless I spend every day in the word like Eli did in the movie? Have I ever knelt down and prayed to God that He reveal what my task is in my time on this earth? How about you? Where are you at? I know, so many questions but they are questions we all should be asking ourselves, aren't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment