Tuesday, April 23, 2013

(musings on) Hurting Hearts and Hope


Some horrible things happened last week where many died or were seriously injured. A bombing, a fertilizer plant explosion, a big earthquake in China - just to name a few. That doesn't even include the every day happenings that are closer to home and just as horrible. People killing each other, kids hurting other kids, children never given a chance a life because of abortion, all kinds of abuse, addiction, and natural disasters. Many start questioning the point of it all; the point of this life. With all this going on, many start losing hope. So I ask you, Where is your hope right now? Mine is in Jesus Christ. Jesus asked us to follow Him. 

Mark 1:17 & 18 - And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." 

Immediately they left their nets and followed Him. He asked and they followed. There was no big, long discussion on what He expected of them. He said, "Follow Me." Are you willing to leave your current life behind and let Him guide you? We strive so much for success, a comfortable life, a grand purpose that you will be remembered for but these don't bring hope to us like a life lead by Jesus. 

John 10: 25-30 - Jesus answered, " I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father's name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." 

I want to have hope. I want to be His sheep, to hear and listen to His voice. I want to leave behind my old life and follow Him to where He wants my life to go. I love these lines from the song, Hosanna by Hillsong United. They say it so well.

From the song Hosanna
"....Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours

Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity"

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hillsong_united/

YouTube video of Hosanna by Hillsong United here   



1 comment:

  1. I used that song in a talk I did last year when I presented some of the many ways we can reach out to hurting people. I love the line "Break my heart for what breaks Yours, Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause."
    I try to remember it everyday, but I do fail all the time. Thanks for the reminder.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete