Monday, August 12, 2013

Visiting A Vintage Gathering 2013

At last! Another Vintage Gathering came and went. And, while waiting for it to come again this year, a lot changed with them and in my world. This last year, A Vintage Gathering opened a store front in downtown Battle Ground, WA. And, this year, they held their summer-time outdoor gathering in the gravel lot next to them. I think some may have preferred the sale to be in the field where it used to be held but I thought it was great where it was. Right in the heart of old town Battle Ground on Main street, it was perfectly placed for all the locals to see while out and about on their Saturday. 


Speaking of locals..... this last year, friends of mine moved from Portland to Battle Ground and are making their new little town their own. I didn't even get a chance to invite my friend, Bethany (pictured above), to the sale as she already knew about it and invited me! As I showed up to the gathering to meet up with her, she greets me with this interesting find. Can you guess what she is holding up?
Jenny (and her mom) had some lovely treasures at their booth, Simple Treasures. Local ladies, they travel around to different gatherings held on weekends during the summer and local bazaars in the fall/winter. 
 
I loved this cute little garden cart of theirs. 

This lovely space, Redoux, by Sue Simula had beautiful furniture pieces. Crisp whites, simply wonderful home accessories and the occasional fleur de lis definitely caught my eye. You can find more of her beautiful pieces at Rusty Glamour, also in downtown Battle Ground.











Cheryl of The Stitchin' Chicken had some drool-worthy pillows, I must say! And, oh, the table runners and towels.... just lovely! You can find some of her lovelies at A Vintage Gathering or, for more of a selection and custom sizing options, check out her etsy page >> http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheStitchinChicken.




Inside A Vintage Gathering, even more treasures awaited the sun-soaked shoppers. One little shelf that I hope you consider stopping to look at is my friend Karyn's new business adventure of this last year. Karyn's new line of skin care and pure essential oils, Fit2B on Your Skin, offers a wide variety of products. From skin care and facial products to essential oil blends like, Shield-Daily Immune Defense, which has come to be a must-have in my home. 


So, there it is folks, another Vintage Gathering in the books! If you want a lovely summer-time adventure of your own, there will be another Vintage Gathering September 6th & 7th! So bring a friend (or two) and your pocket book and stop by our little town of Battle Ground, WA. I think you will have a grand ole' time checking out all the wonderful treasures and maybe get to stop a smell the weeds. Uh, I mean beautiful road side flowers picked by my little treasure, Lauren, just for me!





2 comments:

  1. It looks like a great day and I wish we lived closer. Lauren looks very happy to be there smelling the weeds or flowers.
    Great picture of Bethany. You'll have to tell her hi for me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely write-up about the flea market. Thank you so much for including my space and mentioning my shop! I hope to see you there in September!

    Take care,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete