Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Television Wisdom Wednesday: Remembering 9/11


This day is hard for me every year. I do not know if there was someone I knew lost that day. But, every year, I choke up just trying to talk about it. One image or story on the news and I am back to that morning, watching in horror. I feel, in my soul, the same pain as if it was just yesterday. I probably always will and I think - that is okay.

Patriot: a person who loves and strongly supports or fights for his or her country


I watched We Bought a Zoo for the first time last night. And I thought the following quote from the movie was fitting for today. 
Matt Damon as Benjamin Mee: "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Picturing hundreds of firefighters and police officers and citizens running into the unknown ash and debris that September day. Not knowing if they would come out of it, all they were thinking about is all those needing help. Twenty seconds of insane courage. Those are heroes!

Hero: a person who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities;
:  one who shows great courage


I leave you with these thoughts of mine and verses from one of my favorite chapters in the bible:

Romans 12: 9-21 ~

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 
10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 
12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 
13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 
16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 
19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 
20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Betsy. Just one way we can continue to remember is continuing to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete