Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Delight in the house of God



A Psalm



About a month ago, I went blueberry picking with my mother-in-law and my two kids. It was beautiful out, in the country, birds chirping and the sun shining down. My kids picking and eating and getting dirty while I was filling my bucket to fill my freezer for the year. Life was good; life is good. And then I found it, the little birds nest, tucked away in the bush, a reminder to me from my God.

Psalms 84: 1-4 (NIV)
How lovely is your dwelling place, 
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young- a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God. 
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.


Yes, how lovely it is. And I am blessed. I will praise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment