Friday, August 30, 2013

Apple Pumpkin Muffins Recipe



Pin Me!


This last winter, I helped my parents prune there mini orchard that hadn't had a good pruning in a while. Apples and plums and pears, oh my! Did they need it too! And although many of the trees aren't producing that great this year (that's normal after a good pruning),  their Granny Smith Apple tree is doing great! So well that Mom called and said I just had to come out and pick some before they all end up on the ground for the deer. : )
All those apples sitting and waiting to be canned got me thinking about different recipes I could try out with the abundance. I remembered this recipe I found on Allrecipes a while ago. I have tweaked it and adjusted it a couple times since I first tried it and I am happy with this version. It brings the scents and tastes of the coming fall season to you and your home. I like to enjoy them with a good cup of spiced tea while wrapped up in a cozy blanket watching the leaves turn. Enjoy!



Apple Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs 
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned pumpkin)
1/4 vegetable oil
1/4 unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/2 cups finely chopped apples (about 3-4 apples)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 24 muffin cups with non-stick spray. Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Chop apples and pecans, place in small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and apple sauce. Mix well. Stir wet ingredients into large bowl with dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in apple and nut mixture. Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 18 minutes. Makes 24 muffins. 






2 comments:

  1. omg yum!! These make me so excited for fall!

    Rachel Emma
    Daydream Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I think they are yummy! :) I think next time I am going to add streusel topping to it. Can you imagine.... Thank you for stopping by! I'll have to pop over to your page!

      Delete