Thursday, November 7, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts and Decor: Pencil Christmas Cards

Welcome to Day 7 of














Hi All! Now that Halloween is over, I am switching my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika



Pencil Christmas Cards




Last year, I found a bag full of new Christmas pencils at Goodwill. I wasn't sure at the time what we would do with them but it was a great price. $1.00! Then one day my son was doing a project with his stencils and I got an idea, Pencil Christmas Cards for his classmates! Christmas break was just around the corner and he wanted to do something for all his classmates. So, I went through all of my scrapbook papers and gathered the green paper. We set up a little work area and started crafting!


We set out the bag o' pencils......


We traced and cut out twenty-some Christmas trees.....
{This is great for your child to do! Hands-on learning.}


I cut two thin lines in the trees, one near the top and one near the bottom......


'Thread' the Christmas pencils through the slits and Voila! Pencil Christmas cards for my son's classmates for $1.00 and some scrapbook paper I had on hand! 


And when your helper is a handsome little man like mine is, the time invested is priceless! He was very excited to take his classmates their Christmas cards that he worked so hard on! And, to make it easy on him to carry them all to class to handout, we put them all in a gift bag with handles. :  ) 


What kid wouldn't love to make these!  




Tomorrow: Pinecone Garland





No comments:

Post a Comment