Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Resting Rock


'If you cannot be settled within yourself when you are alone, you may seek out a wrong relationship that will increasingly unsettle you.

A friend on Facebook shared this quote. It made me think about when I met my husband and of the relationships since we have been together that have come and gone. Not just in our immediate circle of friends, family, and church community but in the world as a whole. Marriage just doesn't seem sacred anymore. Not as God intended it to be. In my life, it was not until I spoke with God and said I was at peace with being alone with him and desired him alone, it was not until then did God give me Chris. It is not always easy, marriage, but when it is Christ-centered, He will see you through if you give it all to him. He is jealous for us; He wants us alone but he also wants to bless his children. He desires for our marriages to last and our children to grow up with their mother and father. For all my life and my marriage, I will rest in my God and seek him out in my times of need and in my times great joy and peace. When I am settled with Him alone, I can be settled in my relationships even if the relationships are not settled. 




Psalm 62: 5-8
"5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. 6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." 



No comments:

Post a Comment