Monday, January 14, 2013

Crimson and White

dishes to wash

laundry to fold

floors to vacuum

As I flutter about my home, I glance out the window to see an unexpected site. I decide to go outside and take a few minutes to take it in. It falls, silently and gracefully, from the pale gray sky. Floating slowly down to earth, it lands on my robe. I take in the wondrous intricacies of this creation. It is pure and white; it is snow. And as it melts into a perfectly round sphere, I notice the starkness of my scarlet robe against it. And God reminds me.....  




Isaiah 1:18

“Come now, let us settle the matter,”

    says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.


I thank God for this moment and go back inside to once again flutter about. Joy has come to me today in the form of snow. 








No comments:

Post a Comment