Friday, January 18, 2013

Small Business Review ~ 2nd Bloom


This year I am going to promote one local small business a month. I love checking out new businesses and supporting our local economy. I hope that you enjoy hearing about these local small businesses and that it encourages you to think twice about where you spend your hard earned dollars. Why am I doing this? Because these entrepreneurs are pouring their hearts and souls, time and energy, dreams and ambitions, into these wonderful little businesses to hopefully provide for their families while doing something they enjoy. Let's help them provide for their families and our local economy and at the same time, fulfill their dreams that give us a wonderful (and sometimes unique) shopping experience.    















 For my first small business review, I picked 2nd Bloom. I found this wonderful little business at the Camas Vintage Street Faire last summer. Located in downtown Vancouver, this shop is open Tues.-Sat. They have gifts that are new and vintage in styles that are shabby chic, modern, country and more. I loved the variety of gifts that they sell. I came home with a beautiful necklace and a set of eight vintage looking, french inspired folders, all of which I absolutely love! The ladies are so sweet and passionate about what they are doing. It was a great shopping experience and I look forward to going back. To learn more about 2nd Bloom and keep up on all their news and sale events, go check out and like their Facebook page here.




 


















One thing I noticed throughout this shop was sets of wings. Small sets; large sets; framed sets. They are beautiful and inspiring to look at. I don't know if they have a special meaning to the ladies of 2nd Bloom but I found this quote and thought it fitting. It takes hard work and courage to give your dreams wings and I want to help them (and all the other entrepreneurs) in make their dreams  S O A R.  



“If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.”  ― Coco Chanel







































No comments:

Post a Comment