Monday, January 21, 2013

Praying for the Lead

What is on my mind today? Leadership
Define what a leader is? ~ A leader is a person who rules, guides, or inspires others; head. 
whoa 
That is a BIG job, an important job. 
And if someone is going to lead my life direction, I want to make sure I've got the right person on the job. Really, there is only one person for that job in my life. Jesus Christ. He is the head of this house. He is who rules over this persons life. He guides it and is what inspires me. Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." (Matthew 16:24-27)

My life is his. My soul is his. And on a day like today, when the 'leader of the free world' is sworn into office, I am going to pray that our leader chooses God's will for his life. I am going to pray that our leader chooses Jesus Christ to guide him and to be the head of his house. 

Today, I am praying about leadership. What are you praying about today?






No comments:

Post a Comment