Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts and Decor: Our Thank 'Fall' Mantel

Welcome to day 13 of


Hi All! Now that Halloween is over, I am switching my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika


Our Thank 'Fall' Mantel


This year for our Fall mantel, I thought it would be fun to do an Autumn-themed collage with the kids. We went to the dollar store and bought a foam poster board and some glue sticks. Then we stopped by the thrift store and bought some old magazines that were all published during the fall months. The kids and I sat down and all flipped through the magazines, tearing out the pages to put on our board. The kids had fun gluing the pages to the board. At the center, I put together this message, "Thank Fall for home, where life and love happens." Our handmade picture sits in-between the kids' pumpkins that we grew in our garden. And I filled my glass candle holders with leaves from our tree. Trimmed it off with beaded garland that I bought at a craft store's after-Christmas clearance. All in all I think our Thank 'Fall' mantel turned out quite nice and all for only a couple dollars and time with the kids. Do you like to make collages with your kids?  



Next: Scarves with a Purpose



No comments:

Post a Comment