Monday, November 18, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts and Decor: Homemade Marshmallows

Welcome to Day 18 of 














Hi All! I have switched my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika


Homemade Marshmallows


I made marshmallows a couple Christmas's ago after I watched how easy it was on a cooking show. Every non-homemade marshmallow I have had since just doesn't add up! And I love to see peoples reaction the first time they try one. I love this recipe from County Living because it also provides gourmet flavors to make like peppermint and coffee. 
(You can substitute vanilla for the peppermint extract if you would like to try vanilla like I made. I have also seen some peppermint marshmallows swirled with red food coloring to add a touch of festiveness!) 



Wrapped up neatly, these make a great little gift for holidays hosts or friends and neighbors.
Check out the full post with the recipe at County Living.
You can also find a link on my Pinterest board: 
Gift Ideas: Hand made or Hand picked.



Tomorrow: Elegant 'Thanks' Word Art Display


No comments:

Post a Comment