Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts and Decor: Scarves with a Purpose

Welcome to Day 14 of















Hi All! Now that Halloween is over, I am switching my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika



Scarves with a Purpose


I literally just learned about this site a couple of hours ago as I was sitting in the laundry mat waiting for baby girls comforter to dry. I picked up the Woman's Day magazine and read a short write up on different charities you could donate to this holiday season. Scarves with a Purpose caught my attention especially because I love scarves. And I know many lovely ladies that are awesome at knitting beautiful scarves. I am not one of them but I have been blessed by them! Basically, Scarves with a Purpose collects handmade scarves to give out to whoever needs them. It stated in the Woman's Day article that they gave over 400 scarves to Hurricane Sandy victims last year! What a great D.I.Y. Gift idea! You are using your talents to make beautiful scarves that will give warmth to someone in need and bless not only them but you. No better gift! Stop by the Scarves with a Purpose page to learn more about getting involved! 
And please, help me spread the word about this great cause by sharing this post on Facebook and on Pinterest. Thank you!




Tomorrow: Bath Salts


No comments:

Post a Comment