Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts and Decor: Send a {Thankful} Hug

Welcome to day 12 of 
















Hi All! Now that Halloween is over, I am switching my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika



Send a Hug from Bettijo at Paging Supermom!



Call me old-fashioned but I think we all should make sending handwritten letters and cards in the 'snail' mail more important. The joy it brings to see an envelope in a mail box with your name on it just can not be compared to email or anything else. Especially for a child!
And as the holiday of being thankful for the blessings in our lives approaches, how can we forget our loved ones that are not close by? I think this idea of sending a hug in the mail to those loved ones is great! To make it even more special, have each child write why they are thankful for and what they love about the recipient(s). 

Have you sent a hug before? Or received one?
To learn more about how you can send one, check out the full post at Paging Supermom!
You can also find it on my Pinterest board, Gift Ideas-Hand made or Hand picked






Tomorrow: Our Thank 'Fall' Mantel 

No comments:

Post a Comment