Sunday, November 17, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts & Decor: Homemade Advent Calendars

Welcome to the weekend of the 16th & 17th of 
















Hi All! I have switched my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika


A collection of Handmade Advent Calendars


One of my favorite Christmas time family traditions growing up was the advent calendar. We always bought the chocolate piece filled ones from the store. And that is one of those family traditions I have wanted to pass on to my kids. Granted, I have not been good about it every year but when I saw some of these great ideas on Pinterest, I got motivated!


Stephanie Lynn has a great Pottery Barn inspired one filled with handmade ornaments for everyday. Check her post HERE.


A wrapped children's book for every night that you open and read together!


As a card maker, I really love this idea from Real Simple! Mostly because it would be so easy for me to make since I already have all the items needed!


Cute clothes pins on a simple board with small gifts and/or candies......


At The Life of Jennifer Dawn, you will find this advent calendar tutorial made with little tins that are filled with bible verses and manger pieces. 


This lovely and simple advent is filled with different family activities to do together. Check out the rest of the post by Lindsay at passionate homemaking



And, finally, the calendar we are going to make for this year! I love this idea by Erlend at Morning Creativity. I have been saving up our toilet paper rolls for a while now and I think the pile up is starting to bug my hubby. : / I am going to use red and green tissue paper to cover the ends. I think that will look more festive and be more fun for the kids. (But mostly because I have a BUNCH of it from over the years!) And, to go inside each day, along with the small prizes, I am going to put in a bible verse to read with the kids.


Here is the list of bible verses I am going to go by that I found on
Sassy Sawdust by Kim. 

What do you do for Advent? I would love to hear about your traditions! If you stop by an of the sites listed above, let them know you heard about them from Erika at MishMashedMe. Thanks!
You can find all these pins and more on my Pinterest board: 



Tomorrow: Homemade Marshmallows

No comments:

Post a Comment