Wednesday, November 20, 2013

30 Days of D.I.Y. Gifts and Decor: A 'Thankful' Tree

Welcome to Day 20 of 
















Hi All! I have switched my focus onto the up-coming holidays that will be filled with family and friends, love and laughter, giving and receiving! For me, some of the best memories and gifts have been what is handmade and from the heart. And, I love giving and receiving handmade and locally crafted gifts. So, I am going to share a new project every day for the month of November to get y'all (and myself) into the spirit of the holidays! I hope you enjoy the next thirty days with me! I would love to hear if you try any of the projects and how they turned out. <3 Erika


A 'Thankful' Tree from Better Homes & Gardens




A friend of mine did a (better) version of this at a dinner we had together and I have to tell you, there is something so powerful in writing down what you are thankful for. Not just thinking about it but writing it down and then having it read out loud. It hits home more; sinks in more that, yeah, I really do have so much to be grateful for. And, what is even more lovely about this project is that it gets to whole family involved from the youngest to the oldest. What a great example to set for the littlest ones by having them participate along side the adults! To make it an even more lovely center piece to your Thanksgiving holiday, you could spray paint the branch(es) with chrome or glitter paint in fall colors!



Check out the full post for the Thankful tree at Better Homes and Gardens.
Or, you can find in on my Pinterest Board: Falling for Autumn




Tomorrow: Gifts for the Gardener



No comments:

Post a Comment